We all have our comfort foods, it comes in all smells, shapes and sizes, would it be wrong to share another one to add to the list? Lately i've been having a thing for Tinga tostadas, just like many other recipes, it's not as complicated to make and will without doubt, satisfy your tastebuds. This authentic Mexican dish is made with delicious chipotle sauce, onions, tomatoes, shredded chicken and refried beans, all piled up on a crispy tostada, that will serve up to ten people!
1-2 chicken breasts
2 cups of chicken broth
2 cans of diced tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
2 large onions
chicken flavored bouillon
1 can of refried beans
2 tbs. of olive oil (to fry the onions and tomatoes together )
salt and pepper (optional)
as many types of toppings as you prefer!
1. Place chicken breasts in a large pot and add enough water to cover it
2. Set stove to medium or high, and in the pot you add one spoon of chicken flavored bouillon, and half an onion to add flavor. After you've added those ingridients, set the stove to 30 to 40 minutes to boil.
3.While the chicken is boiling, set the stove to medium and pour 2 tablespoons of oil. After that, dice the other half of the onion we used and saute on a large frying pan until the onions have browned around the edges. Start to add 3 cloves of garlic, then 1 can of diced tomatoes, stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
4. As that mixture is cooking, Take out a blender and put in 3 tablespoons of chipotle sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes, and 2 cups of chicken broth, and blend for 1-2 minutes.
5. After you have blended the mixture, pour it in the pan with tomatoes, onions, and garlic and let it boil for 5 min. After 5 minutes add the chicken already shredded, and stir the chicken into the sauce until warmed through, and boil for 40 minutes.
6. To finish up, smear the delicious, warm refried beans on a tostada, then the chicken mixture, and top with cilantro, cheese, cream, lime for a little more flavor, and any other toppings you'd like.
7. Last step would be to enjoy!