Grapevine continues to experience a very active housing market this spring, with the median sale price rising 10.5%
“The second quarter is shaping up to be very exciting for the Grapevine area,” said Russell Berry, president of the MetroTex Association of Realtors. “Especially when you consider the sales records already set in the first part of the year.”
“While houses aren’t staying on the market for long, there is a lot of turnover,” Berry continued. “Across North Texas, we saw a 15% increase in the number of sales over last April. With nearly 18,000 homes on the market we can expect the strong sales figures to continue well into the year.”
Prices do continue to rise as the demand for housing continues to be strong. Grapevine saw mixed price results, with average existing home prices rising quickly and weaker prices in new construction, according to a report released by the MetroTex Association of REALTORS today. Highlights of the report include:
- There were 41 sales of residential properties in Grapevine in April, and 67 new listings.
- The average price per square foot for residential properties in the area is $144, an 8.3% increase.
- The average sales price of all types of housing in Grapevine in April was $333,885.
- Most homes sell for 98.7% of list price when sold through a MetroTex Realtor.
- There is approximately 1.8 months inventory in the area. Less than 3 months inventory is considered a strong seller’s market.