The normally busy spring market came roaring into March and bore no signs of slowing any time soon.
“The robust market in Dallas-Fort Worth is stronger than ever,” said Russell Berry, president of the MetroTex Association of Realtors.
“Sales were up nearly 13% over last year. The turnover in homes is incredible,” said Berry. “We saw nearly 8,500 closed sales in the area in March. To put that in perspective, the Houston area closed about 6,600.”
The burgeoning Dallas-Fort Worth market is selling homes more quickly, too, according to the monthly market report released by MetroTex. Highlights of the report include:
- Houses are closing in an average of 42 days in Denton County.
- There were 1,322 sales of single family homes in Denton County.
- The average price per square foot for single family homes in the area was $119, an 8.4% increase.
- The average sales price in Denton County in March was $312,774, a 8.5% increase over last year.
- Homes sell for nearly 99% of list price when listed with a MetroTex REALTOR.