John and Debi Summertime Tips
Let’s get ready for the summer heat and keep your home and yard in tip-top shape.
1. Check your detectors: Check your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and make sure they’re working properly.
2. Have your Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system serviced (do this at the change of the seasons, Summer into Fall and Spring into Summer. Make certain that grass cuttings and weeds aren’t clogging up the outside units and change your inside filters every 30-45 days. This will keep your home 1-3 degrees cooler with the same amount of effort from your units!
3. Clean all ceiling fans (and other fans) with a damp rag. You can use a ceiling-fan duster to reach hard to reach blades.
4. Clean that outdoor cooker!
For gas grills, turn up the heat to high and let the grill cook with the lid closed. Allow the grill to cool off and then brush it off with a grill brush. Wipe down the exterior with a damp sponge and gentle cleaner. Don’t forget the grills drip pans!
5. Charcoal grills. Empty the grill and wipe out any ashy residue. Clean the inside with hot water and liquid dish soap. Rinse thoroughly and let it dry before the next use.
6. Give your painted porch a quick polish. Sweep all debris from the floor, then mop with an all-purpose cleaner. You might need to use a scrub brush for stubborn grime. Use a hose and spray the ceiling and walls.
7. Check your deck. Look for signs of rotting or boards pulling up, exposed nail heads. Check to see if you need to reseal the deck by sprinkling water on the decks boards. If the water beads up, you’re OK. If not, you’ll need to reseal the deck to give it the longest and best-looking life. https://www.homedepot.com/c/give_your_deck_fresh_new_look_HT_PG_OD
Don’t have a deck? We have people that can build one for you, or maybe you’re a DIY’er and can handle the job. Here’s some tips.
8. Give your windows a good wash! Helps to keep them in good shape, and it makes for beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
9. Add a layer of mulch to help control weeds and help the ground keep its moisture in the summer heat.
10. Keep your lawn healthy with regular fertilizing and by not mowing the grass too short. You want to keep enough grass to protect the roots from the scorching heat of summer. Check your sprinkler systems for broken heads, precise coverage and any leaks. Try to water for longer times to get the soil nice and wet.
11. Shoes off at the door will keep your home cleaner and help your high traffic areas from getting dirty. Clean your doormats, both the ones inside and outside regularly.
12. Get a hammock, have a lemon aide sale, add some twinkly lights to the porch or string them between trees.
Relax and enjoy your home. There’s nothing like summertime where the days are longer, and the nights are hot and magical.
We’re here to help you.
Drop us a note!
The post House things to check during the summertime! appeared first on Who you work with matters....