Full to the brim, February will be teeming with techy, sharky and cultural fun for all ages at the Museum of Nature & Science.
From buckyballs and squishy circuits at Engineer’s Week and Discovery Days: Discover Technology, to African American folk tales with storyteller Toni Simmons, to ocean-inspired cookie box creations and the family-fun Sharky Sundays, there’s lots to love at the Museum next month. Plus Planet Shark Speaker Series kicks off with deep-sea engineer extraordinaire Hanumant “Hanu” Singh on February 16.
- Sink your teeth into a massive out-of-water exhibition Planet Shark: Predator or Prey now featuring a kids activity area; plus pair it with any IMAX® film and save with the Twin Fin deal
- Have a “splash”-ing time with water-themed activities and hands-on fun during Sharky Sunday Feb. 5 and 19, plus live shark feedings on Wednesdays and Fridays, shark dissectionsonSaturdays and more!
- Planet Shark Speaker Series kicks off with engineer extraordinaire Hanumant “Hanu” Singh Feb. 16
- Vote for your favorite ocean-themed Girl Scout Cookie Box Creation beginning Feb. 20
- MNS is open Feb. 20 for President’s Day
- Celebrate Engineer’s Week with five fun-filled days of activities just for kids Feb. 20-24, plus Discovery Days: Discover Technology family festival Feb. 25 – 26 for a whole week of excitement, discovery and science
- Celebrate Black History Month with storyteller Toni Simmons at My House Cultural Discovery “African American Folk Takes And Legends” Feb. 24
- Register now for next month’s Deep Sea Sleepovers and Spring Break Discovery Camp
- See an exciting IMAX® film that won’t leave you snoozing: Catch Bugs! A Rainforest Adventure before it flies away Feb. 29; travel back to a whole new time and place with Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World; and dive in with SHARKS presented by Jean-Michael Cousteau.