“Next Mex” restaurant Urban Rio, located in Historic Downtown Plano in the original Plano Ice House, will feature a Summer Cocktail Dinner next Tuesday, June 17 at 6:30 p.m. at its location at 1000 E. 14th St.
Featuring a menu created by Urban Rio’s World Master Chef, Salvatore Gisellu, the summer cocktail dinner will feature five courses paired with five refreshing summer cocktails. The dinner will include:
- Summer salad with arugula and romaine lettuce, sliced grapes, orange wedges and strawberries tossed in a smoked paprika vinaigrette
- Paired with a Summer Beer (pink lemonade concentrate, beer and vodka, served on the rocks)
- Ginger Tuna Ceviche, fresh tuna tossed in onions, tomatoes, cilantro, serrano peppers and fresh mango served on top of a fresh, housemade tortilla chip
- Paired with a Ginger Shandy (light beer, ginger beer and lemon juice, served on the rocks)
- Raspberry Steak, grilled and baked flank steak cooked medium-rare topped with raspberry relish and roasted potatoes
- Paired with a Berry Mojito (Bacardi Razz, Chambord, Blue Caracao, lime juice and mint, served on the rocks)
- Roasted Bell Pepper Scallop, fresh scallop rolled in hickory-smoked bacon, pan-seared and drizzled with watermelon and pineapple sauce.
- Paired with a Monkeylada (banana puree, pineapple juice, coconut puree and light rum, served frozen)
- Fruit and Cream, a fresh blend of honeydew, cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries, bananas and roasted pecans tossed in a Mexican sweet cream topped with pepitas
- Paired with an Elderflower Flip (Hendrick’s Gin, St-Germain, lime juice, simple syrup, muddled cucumber and mint, served on the rocks)
Tickets are $34.90 per person (excluding tax and tip). Advance reservations are required and can be made by calling 972-422-4466 or by emailing email@example.com. For more information about Urban Rio, visit www.urbanrio.com.
About Urban Rio
Opened in 2012 by restaurateurs Nathan and Bonnie Shea, Urban Rio is located in the original Plano Ice House in Historic Downtown Plano. Featuring their signature “Next Mex” cuisine inspired from all around the Rio Grande Valley, the chef-driven menu offers unique and traditional items inspired by Texas and Mexico. World Master Chef Salvatore Gisellu focuses on fresh produce, with many items made from scratch – down to grinding corn for tortillas, fresh-squeezed fruit for cocktails and homemade, flavored marshmallows for their signature s’mores dessert.
Urban Rio features a full-service upstairs bar, On the Rocks Cantina, that, on beautiful nights, features opened garage doors and panoramic views of the city. On the Rocks features 14 craft beer taps, handcrafted cocktails and wines. The restaurant is open daily 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., with brunch served on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. On the Rocks is open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Learn more at www.urbanrio.com.