Single family home sales in January
Average price in North Richland Hills rises 13%
Strong job creation and a hectic real estate market have pushed the North Richland Hills real estate market to outperform the rest of the state by wide margins, according to the latest market data.
“The North Texas market is growing at a pace that far exceeds growth in any other area in Texas, and we brought in about 35% of January sales in the state,” said Russell Berry, president of the MetroTex Association of Realtors.
“In January, we saw a 20% increase in sales over last year. The other metropolitan areas don’t even come close to that kind of growth. Houston and Austin are pretty much flat compared to last year. San Antonio experienced about 6% growth.”
The North Richland Hills market area continues to see growth in sales, according to the MetroTex Market report. Highlights of the report include:
- There were 60 sales of single family homes in North Richland Hills in January, a 20% increase from January 2015.
- The average price per square foot for single family homes in North Richland Hills was $104, a 17% year-over-year increase.
- The average sales price in North Richland Hills in January was $221,478, a 13% increase over last year.
- There are 53 homes under contract and waiting to close.
- Houses are selling in an average of 33 days.
- There were 125 homes on the market in Mesquite in January.
- There is approximately 1.5 months inventory in the area. Less than 6 months inventory is considered a seller’s market.
MetroTex represents more than 16,000 members involved in all aspects of the real estate industry. MetroTex is the largest REALTOR® member association in North Texas representing the entire region. Established in 1917, MetroTex is an advocate for the real estate industry and private property rights. For more information, visit us online at DFWRealEstate.com.