Federal regulations, interest rate rise seem to have little impact.
With no signs of slowing in sight, the North Texas housing market obliterated sales volume records in 2015. Even experts in the field are astounded by the rapid growth in the size of the market.
“We knew the market was very strong,” said Russell Berry, president of the MetroTex Association of Realtors. “We astounded to see sales volume at nearly $25 billion for the year. That’s an increase of $9 billion in one year. To give that some perspective, in 2011, our total sales volume was $9 billion.”
“We can see no discernable slowdown in sales despite a rise in interest rates,” continued Berry. “Rates are still low and buyers seem to have gotten the message that the small increase doesn’t have much impact on their monthly payments. We fully expect a robust market to continue for the foreseeable future.”
Before the storms of December 26, the Sachse/Rowlett area continued to see growth in the size of the market and in housing prices, according to the MetroTex report. The impacts of the storm on the housing market are still being determined. Highlights of the MetroTex market report include:
- Total sales volume for Dallas-Fort Worth in 2015 was $24,927,700,674, an increase of $9,051,887,636 over 2014. This is roughly equivalent to the total size of the market in 2011.
- 102 homes were sold in the Sachse/Rowlett area in December, a 46.9% increase over last year.
- The average price per square foot in Sachse/Rowlett is $98.
- The average sales price in Sachse/Rowlett in December was $237,936, a 15% increase over last year.
- There are 119 homes under contract and waiting to close.
- Houses are selling in an average of 40 days.
- There is approximately 1 months inventory. Less than 3 months inventory is considered to be a strong sellers’ market.
MetroTex represents more than 16,000 members involved in all aspects of the real estate industry. MetroTex is the largest REALTOR® member association in North Texas representing the entire region. Established in 1917, MetroTex is an advocate for the real estate industry and private property rights. For more information, visit us online at DFWRealEstate.com.