May 12, 2015 – DALLAS – The MetroTex Association of Realtors today released Colleyville home sales figures for the month of April. MetroTex President Steve Habgood acknowledged Colleyville’s continued demand for more housing inventory.
“Homeowners in Colleyville on average can expect strong sale prices to continue as the number of available homes in the area is low and there are a lot of active buyers in the market,” said Habgood. “The housing inventory in Colleyville is estimated to be at three months.”
Less than six months inventory is considered to be a sellers’ market by the industry.
While Colleyville’s home prices remain strong, it was an outlier in the area as one of the few to experience a slight decrease in both average sold home price and price per square foot.
Highlights of the MetroTex report include:
- The average April sales price in Colleyville was $550,484, a decrease of 17% over the same time last year.
- Average days on market was 43.
- The number of available homes on the market in April was 112, compared to 102 in April 2014.
- The average price per square foot in Colleyville decreased from $157 in April 2014 to $145 in April 2015, reflecting an 8% decrease.
- There were 47 home sales in April, an increase of 15% over last year.
“Colleyville is part of the nation’s most active housing market, and sellers are finding that they are getting very close to asking price when they align with current market data,” said Habgood. “In Colleyville, homes listed with a REALTOR® are fetching 98% of asking price on average.”
MLS data provided in the report was gathered from North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, Inc. (NTREIS).
MetroTex represents more than 15,000 members involved in all aspects of the real estate industry. MetroTex is the largest REALTOR® member association in East Texas representing the entire region. Established in 1917, MetroTex is an advocate for the real estate industry and private property rights. For more information, visit us online at DFWRealEstate.com.