May 12, 2015 – DALLAS – The MetroTex Association of Realtors today released Carrollton/Farmers Branch home sales figures for the month of April. MetroTex President Steve Habgood acknowledged Carrollton/Farmers Branch’s continued demand for more housing inventory.
“Homeowners in Carrollton/Farmers Branch on average can expect strong sale prices to continue as the number of available homes in the area is low and there are a lot of active buyers in the market,” said Habgood. “The housing inventory in Carrollton/Farmers Branch is estimated to be at one month.”
Less than six months inventory is considered to be a sellers’ market by the industry.
Other highlights of the MetroTex report include:
- The average April sales price in Carrollton/Farmers Branch was $248,739, an increase of 4% over the same time last year.
- Average Days on Market was 29.
- The number of available homes on the market in April was 161, compared to 228 in April 2014.
- The average price per square foot in Carrollton/Farmers Branch increased from $104 in April 2014 to $111 in April 2015.
- There were 148 home sales in April, a 1% decline over last year.
“Carrollton/Farmers Branch is part of the nation’s most active housing market, and sellers are finding that they are getting very close to asking price when they align with current market data,” said Habgood. “In Carrollton/Farmers Branch, homes listed with a REALTOR® are fetching 100% of asking price on average.”
MLS data provided in the report was gathered from North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, Inc. (NTREIS).
MetroTex represents more than 15,000 members involved in all aspects of the real estate industry. MetroTex is the largest REALTOR® member association in East Texas representing the entire region. Established in 1917, MetroTex is an advocate for the real estate industry and private property rights. For more information, visit us online at DFWRealEstate.com.