May 12, 2015 – DALLAS – The MetroTex Association of Realtors today released McKinney home sales figures for the month of April. MetroTex President Steve Habgood acknowledged McKinney’s continued demand for more housing inventory.
“Homeowners in McKinney on average can expect strong sale prices to continue as the number of available homes in the area is low and there are a lot of active buyers in the market,” said Habgood. “The housing inventory in McKinney is estimated to be at 1.2 months.”
Less than six months inventory is considered to be a sellers’ market by the industry.
Other highlights of the MetroTex report include:
- The average April sales price in McKinney was $314,433, an increase of 15% over the same time last year.
- Average Days on Market was 32.
- The number of available homes on the market in April was 254, compared to 202 in April 2014.
- The average price per square foot in McKinney increased from $106 in April 2014 to $115 in April 2015, reflecting a 15% increase.
- There were 254 home sales in April, a 26% increase over last year.
“McKinney is part of the nation’s most active housing market, and sellers are finding that they are getting very close to asking price when they align with current market data,” said Habgood. “In McKinney, homes listed with a REALTOR® are fetching 100% of asking price on average.”
MLS data provided in the report was gathered from North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, Inc. (NTREIS).
MetroTex represents more than 15,000 members involved in all aspects of the real estate industry. MetroTex is the largest REALTOR® member association in East Texas representing the entire region. Established in 1917, MetroTex is an advocate for the real estate industry and private property rights. For more information, visit us online at DFWRealEstate.com.