An active housing market and rising demand are a growing trend in Parker. With few houses on the market, price levels continued to rise in 2016.
“Last year was very busy for the Parker market,” said James Martin, president of the MetroTex Association of REALTORS. “The number of sales was comparatively high, and overall average prices increased with very low inventory.”
Parker 2016 Market Summary
- 75 Homes sold, 44.2 percent higher than 2015.
- $46,385,472 Sales dollar volume for 2016, up 54.6 percent year-over-year.
- $618,473 Average sales price for homes, 7.2 percent more than 2015.
- $580,000 Median sales price for homes, a 5.5 percent increase over 2015.
- 60 Average number of days homes spent on the market in 2016.
- 23 Average number of active home listings on the market in 2016.
- $153 Average price per square foot in 2016, up 16.1 percent year-over-year.
2016 North Texas Market Overall – New records set
- 101,529 Homes sold, beating a 10-year-old record of 95,509 sales. This year’s result is 8 percent higher than 2015.
- $28,050,996,211 Total dollar volume of sales, up 13 percent from 2015 and sets a new record in dollar volume.
- $225,000 Median sales price for homes, 10 percent more than 2015, a record high.
- $276,286 Average sales price for homes, a 7 percent increase over 2015, a record high.
- 42 Average number of days homes spent on the market in 2016.
- 18,355 Average active home listings on the market in 2016, a 1 percent drop.
- $119 Average price per square foot, up 7 percent year-over-year.
Celebrating 100 years of service in North Texas, MetroTex is the area’s largest REALTOR association. We are an advocate for homeowners, private property rights, the real estate industry, and real estate professionals. MetroTex is comprised of more than 18,000 members.