Struggling with a lack of housing inventory, the North Richland Hills market proved to be a challenging one for buyers in 2016. December proved no exception, as prices jumped with many buyers looking but fewer choices.
“December was quiet compared to what we’ve come to expect for North Richland Hills in this market cycle,” said James Martin, president of the MetroTex Association of REALTORS. “The number of sales was comparatively high, and overall average prices increased in December with very low inventory.”
According to the monthly housing report released by MetroTex, there were 120active listings on the market in North Richland Hills in December and 78 closed sales, a 5.4 percent increase from 2015. The December dollar volume of sales in North Richland Hills increased 12.8 percent year-over-year to $19,020,975. The average price in December was $243,859, up 7.0 percent from last year, while the median price was $212,000, up 3.1 percent compared to December last year.
North Richland Hills’s monthly housing inventory was 1.4 months in December. The Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University contends that 6.5 months of inventory represents a market in which supply and demand for homes is balanced.
Homes spent an average of 21 days on the market in December.
North Richland Hills 2016 Market Summary
- 1,013 Homes sold, 1.7 percent higher than 2015.
- $248,194,145 Sales dollar volume for 2016, up 11.2 percent year-over-year.
- $245,009 Average sales price for homes, 9.3 percent more than 2015.
- $210,000 Median sales price for homes, a 8.5 percent increase over 2015.
- 25 Average number of days homes spent on the market in 2016.
- 135 Average number of active home listings on the market in 2016.
- $109 Average price per square foot in 2016, up 9.9 percent year-over-year.
2016 North Texas Market Overall – New records set
- 101,529 Homes sold, beating a 10-year-old record of 95,509 sales. This year’s result is 8 percent higher than 2015.
- $28,050,996,211 Total dollar volume of sales, up 13 percent from 2015 and sets a new record in dollar volume.
- $225,000 Median sales price for homes, 10 percent more than 2015, a record high.
- $276,286 Average sales price for homes, a 7 percent increase over 2015, a record high.
- 42 Average number of days homes spent on the market in 2016.
- 18,355 Average active home listings on the market in 2016, a 1 percent drop.
- $119 Average price per square foot, up 7 percent year-over-year.
Celebrating 100 years of service in North Texas, MetroTex is the area’s largest REALTOR association. We are an advocate for homeowners, private property rights, the real estate industry, and real estate professionals. MetroTex is comprised of more than 18,000 members.