Simple Tips for Renewal (Without Breaking the Bank!)
Beyond Spring Cleaning: Inexpensive Renewal Ideas
With spring in the air, you don’t have to have your Uptown Dallas property for sale to catch the spring cleaning bug. Whether or not you’ve been cooped up inside for a longer-than-usual siege of the wintertime blues, as soon as the weather turns the corner, there seems to be a natural urge to open the windows and start freshening your place up.
Spring also brings the traditional hot selling season, and if you’re among those getting ready to list your own home for sale to take advantage of it, you’ll want to add extra attention to the traditional cleanup. Home for sale or not, you can channel some of your annual sprucing-up energy with one of these light renovation ideas. Each can add new zest to your living areas without breaking the bank:
- •If you want to liven up your kitchen or bathroom but don’t want to shell out for the full cost of replacing the cabinets or doors, consider what simply changing the hardware would do. Take a trip to the hardware department, pick out a sample knob or pull, then test what the change would look like. Sometimes this simple transformation adds a surprising degree of sparkle!
- •If your lighting fixtures are looking a bit dated and dingy, one simple fix is to buy new lampshades. Replacing a whole lamp is expensive and often unnecessary—and new shades can make a much more resounding impact, anyway. If you are planning to put your home for sale on the Uptown Dallas market anytime soon, best opt for white or cream. Keeping the look bright yet neutral gives you a proven selling advantage.
- •In any room where years of wear and tear have created smudges that no amount of elbow grease can remove, think about painting with a change of color. It may be a bit more ambitious and costly, but whether you hire pros or do it yourself, the result can make you feel like you’re in a whole new home. As with the lampshade selection, resist the temptation to get overly exuberant and creative: choose neutral color combinations.
- •If new furniture is not yet called for (or beyond this year’s budget), consider calling in the pros for some upholstery cleaning; then adding new accent pillows. If your existing pillows are in good shape, sometimes just a few new pillow covers can freshen up a room’s whole look. Designers sometimes recommend picking just one bright color and keeping with it throughout the house.
You don’t have to be planning to list your home for sale in Dallas to make 2014’s spring cleaning efforts a self-satisfying success. And if you’re planning to list, I have a host of other preparation tips…and a marketing plan designed to bring top results!
Top local Realtor Tim Stoll offering full service real estate brokerage for all your residential housing needs. Specializing in the neighborhoods of Oak Lawn, Uptown, M Streets and Lakewood. Years of Experience, proven Trust and unmatched Results.
Real Estate Services Offered:
* Home Buyer Representation
* Home Seller Representation
* First Time Home Buyer Assistance
* Apartment Locating
Moving to Dallas and don't know where to start?
Speak with a local expert and area resource, Tim Stoll.
Contact today 214-868-2959