The State Fair of Texas is here and the smell of delicious fried foods is in the air! With the plethora of fried food comes an abundance of leftover cooking grease, which can clog your drains and lead to a nasty mess.
The Dallas Water Utilities’ “Cease the Grease” program wants to reward City of Dallas residents for properly disposing their leftover cooking oil for a chance to win State Fair of Texas tickets.
Entering is easy! Here’s what you’ve got to do:
- Take a photo of you dropping off at least 1 (one) liter of left over cooking oil and/or fats at a designated “Cease the Grease” drop-off location
- Follow the “Cease the Grease” Twitter handle (@CeaseTheGrease)
- Share the photo on Twitter, using the hashtag #CeaseTheGrease
Not sure where to drop-off your grease? You can visit “Cease the Grease” for a full list of official drop-off locations: http://www.ceasethegrease.org/drop-off-locator/.
Take home the prize: There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners each week the fair is taking place starting Friday, Sept 26!
- Grand prize
- Eight admission tickets plus $75 of State Fair coupons. Eight Cease the Grease toolkits
- Second place prize
- Four admission tickets plus $50 of State Fair coupons. Four Cease the Grease toolkits
- Third place prize
- Two admission tickets with $25 of State Fair coupons. Two Cease the Grease toolkits
For full Twitter contest rules and guidelines, visit www.ceasethegrease.org/statefaircontest.
Photo cred: Kevin Brown / State Fair of Texas®